Father Lives Every Parent’s Nightmare After His 2-Year-Old Is Bitten By A Copperhead At Daycare

For a father like Michael Cook, one of the worst things imaginable is hearing that your daughter is in critical condition. But that’s exactly what happened to him after he received a call from the daycare center in charge of looking after his two-year-old daughter, Kiley. The daycare workers had to break the news to him that Kiley had been bitten by one of the most dangerous snakes in the world: A Copperhead.

The Rainbows Promise Daycare in Granbury, Texas, were completely befuddled by the incident. Nothing like this had ever happened before, and they even check the playground for snakes before letting the kids play.

After Kiley was bitten, her fingers and arms turned black and began to swell. She had to be sedated. She was flown to a hospital that had a lot of experience with snake bites, where she was saved. Her mother recounts how traumatic the experience was, saying, ‘It was a scary moment. My heart stopped.’

The daycare center has vowed to increase its safety measures against the threat of snakes. They plan to erect a mesh fence that will keep the deadly animals out of the playground.

Kiley’s father warns parents everywhere to be careful of the threat that could be lurking in the grasses, saying, ‘Just be aware of your surroundings. Look for them. They’re not hard to spot if you’re looking for them.’

source:greatmindsunite

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *